Thursday 16 January 2014

A walk on the road

I saw a man and his son walk by. They made no sound as they drifted beside my shelter, more ghosts than people. The man began coughing and the boy seemed concerned, I saw no reason for this as my children had themselves a cold and splutterd the same as him. But when the coughing did not stop I crept forward to see the man fall, his child jumping to his side and hear a few scraped words uttered from man to son. Silently I moved back and returned to the main camp, leaving my covering beside the road, I slid under the blankets with my wife and said my nightly prayer. When morning came I was awoken by my wife who told me that the man and boy where still beside the road, though it seemed the man was dead. We decided that this was an opportunity from God, to save another life. I shouldered my shotgun and walked out to meet the boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment